So, I’m almost three-quarters through my 100 day challenge. One of the best things about this has been the amount of time I’ve been spending around trees. It’s been a wonderfully therapeutic experience.
It reminded me of an article about a Japanese practice called forest bathing. It seems that being with trees is actually good for your health. Also, I recently came across the German word waldeinsamkeit: the feeling of being alone in the woods. There is an implication of calmness and contemplation. I fully understand this word right now.
Continuing my contemplation theme, yesterday I walked the labyrinth in Edinburgh’s George Square Gardens. It was a lovely experience – a walking meditation. It’s not far from where I work so it can be a regular lunchtime visit for me.
100 day geochaching challenge – Days 53-72
- Selm Muir Wood – No.4 Beech Avenue
- Leyden stones
- Selm Muir Wood – Beech Crescent East
- Selm Muir Wood – Beech Crescent West
- Selm Muir Wood – WhY Tree
- Troll Under a Bridge – 01
- Murieston – Night Comes In
- Take a walk on the wildside…do, da do, da do
- Candy Cat – Paws
- Oakbank Village
- Crinkle Bridge
- The Chapel Well
- La distillerie Ecosse
- Make it in Livingston – Retail
- Jupiter by the Canal – Kirkhill Solar System
- Challenge Anneka 1995
- Yew’re Having a Laugh
- Scots Pine
- Waterloo Tower
- Under Iron
- Calderwood – 10 01002
- Calderwood – 9 The Green Cave
- Murieston – Wide Open Spaces – Bobbin
- Engine Shed ?
- Murieston – Afternoon Tea
- University Library Rocks – Happy Birthday ECs!
- Bing-O! We struck oil!